Dawsons supporting local foodbanks
After 10 years of cuts and a global pandemic, more people than ever are facing destitution. It’s time for change . . .
When is the Food Collection happening?
The event is taking place next week: Monday 14th through the week to Friday 18th June, and it will see Relocation Agent Network members across England, Scotland and Wales join forces to help tackle food poverty in the UK. So if you have any spare food items or other vital supplies like toiletries (see lists below), please get your donations to any of our Dawsons Offices during and we will deliver all items collected to our local foodbanks.
What is in a food parcel?
These are the items that our local foodbanks would ideally love to receive:
- Tinned tomatoes/ pasta sauce
- Lentils, beans and pulses
- Tinned meat
- Tinned vegetables
- Tinned fruit
- UHT milk
- Fruit juice
Alongside the above items, our local foodbanks are providing essential non-food items to adults and children in crisis and these items are always in demand:
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food
- Face masks and hand sanitiser
We thank you all in advance for your generous donations because if the last 4 years are anything to go by, we will be inundated with your amazing supplies and will be booking our van for delivery day!