Are you considering a career in Estate Agency, Property Management or Surveying?
We currently have 1 vacancy please see below:
Accounts Clerk (full time - Permanent)
Residential Lettings Department
Dawsons Swansea’s Leading Lettings Agency with 5 dedicated branches across Swansea and Llanelli, is looking for a suitable candidate to join their busy, experienced and motivated residential lettings accounts department based in our Swansea (Walter Road) branch.
Dawsons pro-active approach to lettings and our ability to provide our clients with a quick and efficient personal service, is foremost in our thinking. Our market is competitive, so we need someone that is highly energetic and willing to go that extra mile to get the job done.
Along with the current and key accounts staff, the successful candidate will be responsible for general accounts and book-keeping, as well as day to day interaction with clients, and staff throughout the department. This is an ideal opportunity for someone either looking to start their career in accounting or develop their career further, within a fast moving and interesting industry.
The Role, will be responsible for;
- Receiving rental payments and allocating to the correct account.
- Preparing the rent returns and rental statements to clients.
- Liaising with the managers regarding charges to be made to client accounts.
- Recording expenditure on the database.
- Ensuring that monthly payments are received and chasing when needed.
- Answering queries from tenants, and landlords.
- Performing bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining a backup ledger of the monthly reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical, written and communication skills and will be keen to progress and will possess:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A professional, positive, and enthusiastic approach.
- A strong customer focus.
- Be able to meet and exceed targets.
- Will possess great self-motivation.
- Great accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on your own as well as in a team.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel, & Outlook skills as a minimum.
Preferable Candidates will possess:
- At least 1 years' experience in the industry or 2 years accounting in a similar environment
- Experience with industry or comparable software.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.